South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals who visit our website.
Consumer Information Collection and Use
We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data. This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices for data that we collect through this website, through use on various devices ranging from computers to mobile, through our South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association social media pages and electronic communication when you are accessing or linking to this Privacy Statement. This page also explains the general use policy surrounding the collection and use of information. By using the various Services described above, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
In order to provide services and support, South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association may collect personal information. The aforementioned online sources collect personal information provided voluntarily by the user. The information we ask you to provide may include your name, email address, etc. South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association may use the information to send updates and sales materials, to process requests for information or services, for membership and accounting purposes or to customize the site for future visits.
Personal Data includes browser and device data, data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic data and other data provided by you, and aggregated data. We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you make complete and submit a form, purchase goods and services, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Electronic Communication. We collect Personal Data when you communicate with us by telephone, email or fax. These communications may be recorded for purposes of training and quality assurance.
- Location-Based Services. We collect Personal Data if you use our Wi-Fi service. If you have opted-in, the program will continue to collect location data when you are in or near a participating property until you log off, close or disable your location capabilities.
How we collect Personal and Non-Personal data:
Your Browser or Device. We collect certain data through your browser or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Macintosh or Windows), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and versions you are using. We use this data to ensure that the online sources function properly.
- Cookies. At the bottom of your webpage, you will be prompted to “Accept” cookies. Portions of South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association may not be accessible if cookies aren’t accepted. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. It functions as your identification card and is used to recognize you each time you visit. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the online sources, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data and to recognize your computer to assist you. We also gather statistical data about use of the online sources to continually improve functionality and design, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions. If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more here: https://www.allaboutcookies.org. By changing the settings on your browser, you can choose whether to accept cookies. You may experience some challenges in your use of the online sources, if you elect not to accept cookies.
- Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the online sources, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer these services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Service Providers. We disclose data to third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, information technology, customer service and other services.
- Third Parties. South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association may link to other third party websites. In using such links, you as a user should be aware that each third party website will vary in its terms and conditions of use and privacy policies, and we encourage you to read those respective statements. South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association does not take responsibility for the privacy policies of, and usage of, personal information collected by others.
Sharing and Disclosure
South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association does not sell, rent or give away personal information. The data collected on this site is strictly for the purpose of that transaction.
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We are not responsible for the data collection by Google, social media platforms, device manufacturers, computer and device operating systems, wireless service providers, app providers including personal data provided by you to those organizations.
European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDRP)
South Carolina Nature-Based Tourism Association
c/o Lower Savannah COG – Tourism Dept.
PO Box 850
Aiken, SC 29802 USA
We often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.